Memoirs of an Endless Existence
"Memory's a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past." - Julie Delpy in "Before Sunset (2004)"
23 August 2007
20000
Now what does 20000 have to do with this post? It obviously isn't the 20000th post by me on blogger

Well, I completed 20000 km on my bajaj pulsar 150 dtsi yesterday!

And 20200 km today!

And just two years from now it didn't even belong to me (hard to remember those time)

Well, now what's so great about 20000? For the geeks, earth's radius is around 6,356.750 km. Doesn't ring any bells? Well, the circumference comes out to be around 41071.6 km. Divide it by two and you get 20535.8 km (or approx 20000 km). Now what does this mean? This means that assuming the earth to be covered by land everywhere and that I can ride my pulsar over any terrain, I CAN REACH ANY POINT ANYWHERE ON EARTH FROM ANY POINT ANYWHERE ON EARTH IF I CAN TRAVEL 20000 km.

Anywhere to Anywhere!

Phew... that's a lot of traveling!

There's also something else which is special about 20000.

Assuming I walk for about 40 minutes everyday (a reasonable estimate, I believe), at an average speed of 4 km per hour (again a reasonable estimate), then on an average, I travel around 2.66 km on foot everyday (sounds reasonable). Now, let's assume that for one week in a year, I am ill, or just not in a mood to walk. So, I walk around 952.28 km every year. Now, if I have been walking since I was one year old (which is true), then I can say that I have walked for around 21 years. So, I can say that I've traveled around 20000 km on foot in my lifetime.

I've traveled the same on my pulsar.

A coincidence?

Labels: , ,

posted by Rohit Agarwal  
About Me
Name: Rohit Agarwal
Home: Delhi, India
About Me:
See my incomplete profile
Last Ten Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER